• Canadian citizens using Canadian passports do not require a visa to enter the USA for tourism or business stays under 6 months. We strongly recommend Canadians use a passport to enter the USA. A passport is now required for all air and cruise travel to and from the United States, and is nearly mandatory for cross-border road travel.
  • Nationals of the following countries do not need a visa to enter the USA, as they are covered by the Visa Waiver Program (VWP): Andorra, Austria, Australia, Belgium, Brunei, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Singapore, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom (but only applies for those with unrestricted right of permanent abode).
  • Residents of Canada holding foreign passports will most likely require a visa to enter the USA.
  • The USA no longer allows transit through US airports without a visa. If you would require a visa to visit the USA, then you will require a visa to transit through a US airport.
  • For further inquiries, please contact the Embassy of the United States of America in Ottawa, Canada at:
  • (613) 688-3032.